If you haven't tried this recipe, you should! We love to fry these up on Halloween and let the kids all decorate their own. We got the idea from Food Network (thanks Paula Deen & Giada)
Cooking oil (vegetable or peanut oil)
2-3 Cans of buttermilk biscuits (from refrigerated section)
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
sugar & cinnamon
sprinkles or chopped nuts
1. Heat oil in a large pot or fryer until it reaches 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl until it forms a glaze. Set aside.
3. Pour sprinkles and/or chopped nuts into separate bowls. Set aside.
4. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl (2 parts sugar to 1 part cinnamon). Set aside.
5. Open cans of biscuits and place the biscuits on a tray or pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Cut a hole in the center of each biscuit with the lid from a bottle of pop. Set aside the “holes”.
6. Place cut biscuits in hot oil and fry on each side until golden brown, turning with tongs. Fry up the doughnut holes also. Drain on paper towels.
7. While hot, roll doughnuts in cinnamon sugar or dunk in vanilla glaze and then into the sprinkles or nuts.
Best when served warm with a tall glass of
milk or hot chocolate!