Friday, July 25, 2008

Cornbread (Frontier Pies)


When Korry and I were dating, one of the Utah County hot spots was a little restaurant called Frontier Pies. The food was down home cooking and all entree's were served in a tin pie plate. Unfortunately it has gone out of business, but here is their cornbread recipe, which is delicious and turns out perfectly every time.

1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
3/4 tsp. salt
2 1/4 cups milk

Cream the margarine and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cornmeal and salt). Stir in milk until well combined. Pour in a greased 13x9 pan and bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am making this today to go with our Taco Soup. It looks so yummy- I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the blog!

Staci said...

Thank you so much for posting this.. I used to work at Frontier Pies and I have wanted this recipe for years! It is by far the best corn bread I have ever had! Thank you so much.. (Sorry for intruding on your blog!)

Hilary and Evan Biddulph said...

I have been looking for this recipe for years!!! I remember driving up to Frontier Pies craving corn bread, and they were closed..it was so sad. Thanks for posting the recipe..I hope I can make it as good as I rememeber it!

Ann said...

Thanks for the Recipie. There is actually still a Frontier Pie's in Idaho Falls, Idaho

Luzia Narvz said...

I’ve been looking for a good home cornbread recipe. Can’t wait to try this one.

Thanks!

Highly recommended Farm Land Services

brbrinkmann said...

I lived in Idaho until I was 5 back in the early 80s. I never forgot Frontier Pies cornbread - it is literally THAT good - but neither my mom nor I could ever make/find the right recipe. This is 100% it! I will never use a different recipe ever again. You are my hero!