Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kristen's Sticky Chex Mix

My friend Kristen gave me this recipe. She use to bring Chex Mix to UVSC when we had our late night ElEd classes and we gobbled it up. Whenever I eat this, I think of my days at UVSC.

1 cup karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cubes butter
1 large box Rice Chex
2 oz. sliced almonds (if you have time, you can toast them - yum!)
3 oz. coconut

In a large bowl, combine the cereal, almonds and coconut. In a saucepan, bring the corn syrup, sugar and butter to a boil. Boil 2 minutes. Pour over cereal mixture and mix well. Spread onto a cookie sheet or large sheet of wax paper to cool. Cover to store.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh so good! I used this for my son's birthday party. We put in in brown paper bags and labeled it Zebra Chow, it was a Madagascar themed party at the zoo!