Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Janell's Breadsticks

This recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law. Quick, easy and delicious. I make them often!

1 T. yeast dissolved in 1 1/2 cups warm water
2 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups flour
1 cube butter
Parmesan cheese
Garlic Salt


Mix yeast mixture, sugar, salt and flour. Knead until smooth and elastic. (I use my Kitchen Aid mixer for this). Let rise for 10 minutes. Melt the cube of butter and pour it into a large cookie sheet. Roll out dough into a large rectangle. Cut into 1/4" strips with pizza cutter. Roll in butter right in the pan and begin placing them around on the pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Let rise for 20 minutes more. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.

*I also sprinkle Italian seasoning on top when I'm serving these with Italian food.

No comments: