Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sweet and Salty Cucumbers

Vinegar soaked cucumbers take me straight back to days on the farm with grandma. It's funny because I hated these as a child, but now I love them. My sister-in-law, Melissa, shared the secret of throwing in a little sugar with the salt - YUM!
**You can use any kind of cucumber for this recipe, but recently I've been LOVING those English Cucumbers that come shrink wrapped and have the little ridges on the skin. They are the BEST.

Sliced Cucumbers
White Vinegar
Salt
Sugar
Water

Slice cucumbers and place them in a bowl. Pour vinegar all over the top (maybe about a half a cup or more). Sprinkle the whole thing with salt (1-2 tsp.) and then with sugar (1-2 T.) Pour freezing cold water over the top till it just covers the cukes. Let sit for several minutes before serving.

No comments: