Monday, June 7, 2010

Peanut Butter Puff Rice Squares

They use to serve these tasty little treats for school lunch. They are easy to make, but sometimes finding the plain puffed rice cereal can be a challenge. I always get mine at Macey's in Spanish Fork.


1 cup sugar
1 cup Karo syrup (corn syrup)
1 cup peanut butter
6-7 cups puffed rice cereal (NOT SUGAR SMACKS!)

Bring the sugar and Karo to a boil in a saucepan. Boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Stir in puffed rice cereal a little at a time until it is all mixed and incorporated. Press into a pan. Cool, cut in squares.

3 comments:

Finnegan Family said...

I just wanted you to know that I am so glad you posted this recipe. I moved to Wisconsin and haven't been able to unpack my recipes. I had to laugh because We just moved from Spanish Fork, so to find the recipe from you on line and then you mentioned Maceys and having them for school lunch I knew it was the right recipe keep up the good work. Cathy

Pamela said...

Thanks for posting this...I too was looking for the Spanish Fork school lunch version of these :)

Unknown said...

If you want to make a cookie sheet then I do 2 1/2 cups of everything and then I do a big bowl and just put it in the microwave. I eyeball the puff rice. Usually just 1 sm bag and sometimes a little bit more from another bag. This is my sister and I gave her the recipe. Check out her blog though because everything she makes is delicious!!!