Monday, June 7, 2010

Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

My friend Janet gave me a Mapleton Ward Cookbook for Christmas and I've just loved it. There are so many fabulous recipes. My picture here didn't turn out great, but the cookies did. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, just the way I like em!



1 c. butter, softened
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
5 c. Quaker Oats
2 c. Craisins (soak them for 20 minutes in warm water to plump them, drain)
2 c. chopped nuts (I have used either pecans or walnuts)

Mix softened butter with both kinds of sugar and beat well. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix the flour and soda together and add it to the creamed mixture and beat again. Stir in oats, pecans, and drained craisins. Drop by spoonful onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

No comments: