Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cynthia's White Chili

From the pot......
To the bowl.....


This recipe is simple and delicious! It was given to my by my friend Lanae and her mom Cynthia. They fixed it one fall night when I was over visiting. We sat out on her porch, talked and laughed, our hands cupping warm bowls of soup (does it get any better than that?). Of course, I wouldn't leave until I had the recipe in my hand. I use rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (a favorite "quick" trick for many chicken recipes).

1/2 onion, chopped
2-3 T. olive oil
1 small can diced green chilis
2 cans (15 oz.) Great Northern Beans (or any white bean you like)
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1-2 cups shredded chicken

Saute onion in olive oil. Add green chilis and saute 2-3 minutes more. Add broth, seasonings, beans and chicken. Simmer 15-20 minutes. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.

No comments: