A couple of years ago I was invited to join a bunco group that had been put together by a few of the PTA moms at Westside. This has led me to happy associations and friendships with many of the parents of the students at my school. I have come home with fun prizes, (we all win something every month) but even better are the recipes I've gathered including this dessert served by my friend Heather at a fun bunco night last spring.
- Make your favorite snickerdoodle recipe ***see mine below***
- Slice some strawberries and add fresh blueberries (could also add fresh raspberries)
- Slice a lemon and squeeze fresh juice over the top of the fruit, sprinkle with a little sugar, toss
- Whip some cream and sweeten with powdered sugar
To assemble: Place snickerdoodle on plate, top with fresh fruit, add a dollop of whipped cream
1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
* In a small bowl, mix 3 T. sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Combine flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Roll dough in 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.