Saturday, March 22, 2014

Jaxie's Dip

A restaurant opened in Spanish Fork a few years ago called Jaxie's.  They made homemade grilled panini sandwiches and healthy wraps. It was a favorite lunch spot for teachers in Nebo District and I spent many happy afternoons there reconnecting with BYU associates, family, and old friends. Each day they would serve different side dishes, but this dip with veggie chips was a hands-down favorite. We were so SAD last year when we pulled in for lunch one day and found that they had gone out of business. A friend from Spanish Fork later told me the owner had given her their dip recipe.  I was so excited!!!  I've made it MANY times since.  It tastes great with any kid of chip, cracker, or veggie, but veggie chips are THE BEST!



2 1/2 c. sour cream
1 1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 pkg. Knorr Vegetable Dip Mix

Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.  Serve with veggie chips or veggie straws.  Is also good with fresh vegetables or any type of chip or cracker.  This makes a lot - can easily cut recipe in half.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot tell you how happy I am you posted this!! I worked in Spanish Fork several years ago and every time I see veggie straws at the grocery store I crave Jaxies' dip! I thought I'd never be able to get the recipe. Thank you, thank you!

Mrs A said...

Teresa, thanks for posting this. They were first at Reams in Springville and then moved to Spanish. This dip is the best!!!! Where did you find the recipe??