Saturday, April 25, 2009

Chicken Fajita's




I've been trying to make fajitas as good as Chili's or Los Hermanos. The secret is to caramelize the peppers and onion first, then add the meat and brown. Next time I think I will grill the chicken and then add it to the caramelized veggies after it has been grilled.

1 red pepper (chopped in strips)
1 green pepper (chopped in strips)
1 small onion (chopped in strips)
fresh cilantro
olive oil + butter
salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne (if desired)
boneless, skinless chicken breast (desired amount)

In a small frying pan, melt equal parts butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions. Cook this mixture until everything starts to brown and soften - you will need to toss it often. Salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken (I cut it into strips) and cook until browned and firm. Sprinkle on desired amount of cumin and a little bit of cayenne and cook a little longer. Just before serving, sprinkle with fresh cilantro leaves. Serve on flour tortillas with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.

1 comment:

elesa said...

I made these last night and they were DELICIOUS! Thank you for giving me so many great recipes!