Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ribbon Salad

This salad is beautiful served with a Christmas dinner. I've been making it since I was a teenager.

1 large pkg. cherry jello
1 large pkg. lime jello
1 1/2 c. miniature marshmallows
1 cup water
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 large can crushed pineapple
4 oz. Cool Whip
1 T. mayonnaise
1 small pkg. lemon jello

Make lime jello according to pkg. directions. Pour into a glass 13x9 dish. Refrigerate until set.
In a small saucepan melt marshmallows and water over medium/high heat until melted and bubbly. Remove from heat and add lemon jello. Stir to dissolve. Add cream cheese and whisk until mixed and creamy. Stir in crushed pineapple, mayo and Cool Whip. Pour over the red layer of the jello. Allow to set in refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Make cherry jello according to package directions. Pour over the top and allow to set. Cut into squares to serve.

1 comment:

CarolOertleBlog said...

Teresa! WOW
I looked up Margy's blogspot and found you - I'm SO impressed. What a beautiful blog. I've got to send a link to my friends and my daughters (I should change the order of that...)
Donelle's cake recipe looks too good, plus all the other ones. Your photos are superb! I'm just falling off of my chair...and looking at your house at the same time. (Now I'm wondering how it smells inside..) Love, Carol Oertle XOX