Saturday, December 20, 2008

Karen's Spinach Salad

My co-workers and I had a nice Christmas luncheon at my house this past week. My friend Karen brought this delicious spinach salad and I had to share it here.

Salad
1 bag romaine lettuce
3/4 c. sliced mushrooms
1 diced red onion
1 bag baby spinach
1/2 lb. cooked crumbled bacon
3/4 lb. Swiss cheese, shredded
1 cup honey roasted peanuts (or 1 cup dried craisins)

Dressing
2 T. poppy seeds
1/3 c. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
2 T. prepared mustard
3/4 c. oil
1/3 c. white vinegar
3/4 tsp. onion

Toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Just before serving, mix the salad dressing ingredients, pour over salad and toss. You can also add mandarin oranges and substitute mozzarella cheese for the Swiss cheese. This salad needs to be eaten immediately and does not store well in the fridge overnight.

No comments: