Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chicken Club Pizza

When I first saw this recipe in a magazine it reminded me of something I once ordered at California Pizza Kitchen. It was so incredibly delicious and I loved the lightness of it. You can eat a couple of big pieces and not feel guilty. As usual, I used chopped rotisserie chicken. You will need:
1 can refrigerated pizza crust
1/4 cup reduced fat Mayo (I used the Mayo with Olive Oil)
1/2 c. ranch dressing, divided
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c. cooked, chopped chicken
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 c. shredded lettuce
1 tomato, finely chopped

Begin by rolling out the pizza dough onto a cookie sheet or bar stone. Tap your fingers all over the top to give it ta little texture. I also brushed my crust with olive oil, Italian seasoning and a clove of pressed garlic. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. This is what it looked like after it was baked. Mix the mayo and half the ranch dressing and spread it over the top of the baked crust. Top with half the cheese, then the chicken, then the rest of the cheese, then the bacon. Bake an additional 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Before serving, top with shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes and drizzle with the remaining ranch dressing.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

I know the exact pizza at CPK that you refer. It's been a "go to" menu item for a while for my friends and I. I've tried to emulate it in the past and have even submitted the recipe to cooking contests -- plus this is such a great recipe to use a rotisserie chicken.