Sunday, November 2, 2008

Taco Soup


Made this on Halloween night. I love this recipe because it takes 5 minutes to throw together, can simmer on low all day and it feeds a big crowd. I got this recipe when I worked at the Family Tree Restaurant as a teenager.

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
5 cans of your favorite beans (kidney, chili, white, garbanzo, pinto)
1 can stewed or diced tomatoes
1 can whole kernel corn
1 small can diced green chili's
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix (mild or spicy)
1 cup water
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream
Fritos or tortilla chips

Brown ground beef with the onion. In crock pot, place the meat mixture, beans, tomatoes, corn, green chilis, taco seasoning and water. Simmer all day in crockpot. Serve with shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and a handful of Fritos on top.

1 comment:

Jillene said...

I think that I am just going to start coming to your house for dinner!! AND dessert!!